LEGAL INFORMATION FOR GLENLO ABBEY HOTEL & ESTATE
- Address for the Hotel: Kentfield Bushy Park
- Company Name: Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate
- VAT Number: IE3184806HH
- Contact Phone No. / Email Address: +353 91 519600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT YOU? HOW DO WE USE IT?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address and/or phone number.
In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified. Information collected on the Site may be used to: enter your email in our promotions, send marketing communications or surveys to you, respond to your questions or suggestions, improve the quality of your visit to our site. You can opt-out of any communication by emailing the Hotel at email@example.com
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a Booking Engine provided by our booking management system partner, Avvio. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen our Booking Engine partner carefully.
All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted and protected against disclosure to third parties. Avvio are certified as compliant with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We want to ensure that visitors to our Site feel confident about using the Site to plan and book their accommodation. The Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. The Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY & PARENTAL CONSENT
LINKS PROVIDED TO OTHER SITES
CONTACTING THE HOTEL
THIS SECURITY, PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY APPLIES TO OUR HOTEL’S WEBSITE.
Our Hotel has engaged Avvio to provide their Booking Engine service to us.
Thawte Security Certificate
Avvio is verified as a service provider through the Thawte Certification Authority. Follow this link to learn more:
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
The credit card details page of Avvio is protected by powerful Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL encrypts your name, credit card number and expiry date before they travel over the Internet. This makes doing business over the Internet as secure as purchasing by telephone. This ensures that your credit card details will remain completely confidential while in transit. SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology has effectively protected millions of Avvio customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online.
Additionally, credit card usage is verified directly through a live secure connection with the banking system at time of debiting. This ensures that known stolen cards cannot be used and fraudulent transactions are minimised for consumer and hotel benefit.
- PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement refers to our Website and the systems provided by Avvio.
All your personal data will be protected in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Why do we collect information?
- Collecting information provides specific benefits to you, our website visitor
- Information is collected in order to facilitate the reservation process between you the customer and the accommodation provider, to facilitate the purchase of e-vouchers, to offer additional services to you where you consent to such offers and/or to help us improve this process for your future use.
For what purpose(s) do we collect information?
- Completing or supporting an activity, namely the reservation process or e-voucher purchase process
- Voluntary customer registration process
- Statistical usage of the system to facilitate improvements
- No other use is made of the collected information, in particular the information is never passed to third parties without permission
The Legal basis for processing your personal data will be as follows:
For making room reservations, individual or group, through the website: performance of the contract between the parties.
For analysing the use of the Website, the legitimate interest of Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate
For changes and/or cancellation of your reservation: the performance of the contract between the parties.
For reservation in restaurant: the performance of the contract between the parties.
For request information or responding to an email: the consent of the data subject.
Who has access to some or all of the information we collect?
- Avvio, its branches and its subsidiary companies
- Legal authorities where authorised to do so
What access do we grant our visitors to the information we collect concerning them?
- Access is given to all collected information at any time on request
How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
What are my rights?
Data Subjects based in the EU have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten (erasure), i.e., the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold.
- The right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, and we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission, regarding the processing of your personal information in the EU.
How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +353 91 519600
Postal Address: Kentfield Bushy Park